Addiction is a disease that affects millions of people across North America. While treatable, the stigma around drug and alcohol addiction prevents many from seeking the help they need. Orchard Recovery provides holistic addiction treatment on beautiful Bowen Island, British Columbia. Our boutique recovery center allows more time and staff dedicated to each participant.
We understand that finding addiction treatment can be overwhelming. Our expert recovery and addiction specialists at Orchard will provide reassurance and compassion throughout your experience.
Our addiction treatment options vary from an introductory 10-day stay through to 28, 42, and 90+ days in our Sober Living Residence. Continuing care options are provided in our West Vancouver office and include individual counselling and day treatment with our Addiction counsellors. Not only are our staff skilled, knowledgeable and experienced, they understand where you have been and care about where you are going.
The First Step
Acknowledging and understanding the signs and symptoms of an addiction is the first step to recovery. We understand that the stigma of addiction can make it hard to take the first step, and that is why we are committed to ending the stigma.
At Orchard, we encourage authenticity, personal responsibility and right action. Our goal for our patients is to return them to a state where they can productively function within their family, workplace and community.
Our pre-admission process helps clients and their family members in times of distress. We provide expert guidance to help you feel the most support in making the best choices if you or someone you know are in need of treatment.
We are here to help answer any questions you have about treatment or admission.
Treating addiction is a long-term process that requires continual care. The result of treatment at Orchard Recovery is a personalized treatment plan that provides the strongest base for recovery.
The goal of treatment is to help the individual suffering from addiction refrain from using drugs, to maintain their drug-free lifestyle outside of care, to prepare individuals to enter back into society and to foster a life-long community of support and engagement that allows individuals to incorporate recovery into their daily lives.
With addiction treatment, individuals who suffer from addiction will learn and practice initiatives that will help with overcoming compulsions. At Orchard Recovery we understand that treating a drug addiction is more than just treating physical symptoms, that is why we offer holistic treatments that treat the entire person—mentally, physically, spiritually and socially.
Our program runs on 6 elements of success:
- Trust: We honor that clients have given us their trust to restore their hope and health
- Education: We use a wide range of psycho-educational models to address the psychological, physical and spiritual needs of our clients
- Holistic: Our holistic approach is built on a solid foundation of 12 step philosophy and tradition
- Empowerment: We empower our clients so they can take responsibility for their recovery
- Respect: We believe every client is a unique and dignified individual worthy of respect and understanding
- Hope: Addiction is a disease that can be treated and the cycle can be broken
Our Drug and Alcohol Treatment Programs
Our recovery center offers a range of programs for drug and alcohol treatment including Inpatient Detox, Primary Care through to Sober Living and Outpatient programs that provide a structured and direct support system for the year following your stay.
Our addiction recovery program utilizes a multifaceted process that integrates a balance of clinical interventions, 12 step recovery and holistic modalities. As a result, a personalized treatment plan that provides a strong base for recovery.
Often the first phase of treatment, a medically assisted detox is the safest approach in decreasing the severity of symptoms associated with alcohol and opioid withdrawal.
Family and friends play a critical role in the recovery process, that is why we encourage our client’s family to attend our family weekend programming every Saturday at 10AM. We also provide one extended family weekend for every six-week cycle which includes our most popular workshop, “Rebuilding Trust.” All family program sessions include an interactive educational seminar, lunch and small process group.
Extended Care / Sober Living Residence
By choosing extended care, clients are provided the opportunity to deepen the recovery experience and integrate recovery into daily life. As part of the Orchard Extended Care curriculum and program, clients receive:
- Continued appointments with Orchard’s physicians and psychiatrist
- Group therapy
- Educational Seminars
- Planned outings for fun in recovery
- Personalized assistance with housing and career planning.
- Continued access to Orchard’s onsite fitness facility
- Drug and alcohol monitoring
Clients work with their counsellor and recovery coach to develop an individualized, manageable and effective after-care treatment plan.
What is Included in Orchard’s Addiction Treatment
At Orchard, we strive to make the whole process as stress-free as possible. We offer a one of a kind educational program that is wide in its scope and provides effective results and covers vital topics and issues in early recovery. Upon arrival at Orchard, you will receive:
- An evidence based diagnostic assessment
- Medical evaluation and detox protocol/monitoring by our addiction certified doctors and nurses
- Private and group therapy led by one of our expert addiction counsellors
- Goal-oriented treatment plan and life skill strategies
- Well proven and respected methodologies such as 12 step, Cognitive Behavioral therapy, trauma informed therapy and integrative recovery
- Psycho-Spiritual development based on your needs and values
- Relapse prevention seminars, workbooks and workshops
- As part of our integrative recovery measures, we provide a clinically reviewed aftercare plan
- Family programming every week and scheduled visiting times
- A holistic curriculum that includes weekly yoga, mindfulness, music and art therapy, wellness seminars, nature walks and more
- Lifelong Alumni status which includes weekly onsite dinner and alumni meeting, Friends of Orchard meetings located in several cities across Canada, once a month onsite afternoon workshop and online support.
Why Orchard Recovery?
We are a boutique recovery center located on Bowen Island, British Columbia, meaning more time and staff are dedicated to each person. Bowen Island is surrounded by West Coast rainforest, making it the perfect secluded destination to recover the mind, body and soul.
Our guest rooms feature queen size beds, cozy fireplaces, and outdoor balconies. Our facilities are fully equipped with an expansive fitness center and seasonal outdoor swimming pool. Clients enjoy delicious and wholesome meals as a vital part of their recovery.
The goal of our program is for our clients to leave feeling emotionally strong, personally accountable and inspired about lifelong recovery. Discover our program designed for success and learn why we are an internationally accredited recovery center.