What to bring
or NOT TO BRING
Please do not bring:
- Shampoo or hair products with alcohol
- T-shirts with offensive slogans or that promote alcohol or drugs
- Excessively revealing clothing
- Two-piece bathing suits
- Cell phones
- Laptop computers
- Portable music players (iPods, etc.)
- Mouthwash or other items containing alcohol (i.e. perfume and hand sanitizer)
- Protein powder or Creatine supplements
- Chewing tobacco
- Vitamins (Orchard provides doctor approved vitamins during your stay)
- Vehicle (where possible please leave your vehicle at home since there is limited parking at the centre)
What to bring
- Shampoo and hair products (alcohol free)
- Soap, tooth brush, shaving kit, etc.
- Gym shoes and work out clothes
- Socks and underwear
- Swim suit (one-piece) (Pool is open May to September)
- Jacket (weather appropriate)
- Comfortable casual clothing (laundry facilities available)
- Water bottle
- Small day pack
- 5 days worth of prescription medications (in original bottles) – please contact Orchard admissions for specifics (all subsequent medication will be ordered and blister packed by the facility)
- Debit and/or credit card
- Long distance calling card
- For smokers – cigarettes for at least your first week
- A printed copy of all relevant telephone numbers
- Personal health care number (Canadian residents)
Clients will need funds for extra services such as massage, chiropractor, esthetician services and sundry items. There are two ATM machines on Bowen Island and a credit card authorization may be kept on file.
Only recovery-related, religious or spiritual reading material is allowed at the Orchard. There is a small library of such books that can be signed out or purchased while in treatment.
Machines are available for clients to wash and dry their personal items. Coins for the laundry can be purchased at the residence office.
Call us, we are here to help answer any questions you have about treatment or admission for you or your loved one.