Family Programming is from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the main administration building. If you attend all day programming, you may visit with your Orchard client off-site until 7 p.m., providing they have completed at least one week of treatment and the clinical team approves of the off-site visit. Please note that off-site privileges are not extended to clients in their first week of treatment and visitors may not enter the residence property on Saturdays.
The weekend Family Program is included in the cost of the Primary Care Program. For a list of topics, please refer to the Family Program Schedule.
NOTE: Your loved one is limited to two (2) family or close support sytem members who MUST be signed up in advance of the Saturday programming and have been approved by the clinicial team.
Visiting hours are from 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., either on- or off-site. We ask that you do not enter the residence building before 10:30 a.m. and that you respect the importance of having your loved one back by 4 p.m. for their Sunday night dinner. Please note that off-site privileges are not extended to clients in their first week of treatment, therefore Sunday visits must take place on-site.
Off-site visiting is a privilege and it is at the discretion of the clinical team.
NOTE: Your loved one is limited two (2) on-site visitors who MUST be signed up in advance of the Sunday visit. If you are taking your loved one off-site for a visit you are allowed more visitors. All visitors on- or off-site must have been approved in advance by the clinical team.
- Please check in with staff immediately upon arrival
- If you bring anything for a client, it must be turned in to staff before giving it to the client
- Please sign in the Visitor Log Book
- Cell phones, smart phones and other electronic devices are not allowed to be used on Orchard property
- Cameras or other recording are not allowed to be used on Orchard property
- Visitors are not allowed in client rooms at any time
- Please respect the visiting hours
- Clients must sign out with a staff member before leaving the site
- Please abstain from all drugs and alcohol while visiting on- or off-site
- Visitors are welcome to have lunch on-site, but cannot stay for dinner
- Children are welcome
- Pets are welcome but may not be indoors
- Please do not leave the island
All visitors and guests will be subject to a search of their belongings and pockets upon entry to Orchard Premises.
This is to keep all clients safe and is no way a reflection on anyone personally. We hope you will take this in the spirit it is intended which is to maintain the safety of our premises and clients.
Any belongings being brought in for clients must be handed in to staff immediately. No family or visitors cell phones may be used by clients whilst in treatment. Please do not allow your family member/ friend to borrow your phone while you are visiting
If you have any questions about The Orchard's Visitor Guidelines, call us at 604-947-0420 or toll free at 1-866-233-2299.