What to bring
- Shampoo and hair products (alcohol free)
- Soap, tooth brush, shaving kit, etc.
- Gym shoes and work out clothes
- Socks and underwear
- Swim suit (one-piece) (Pool is open May to September)
- Robe to wear over swim suit when not around the pool (Pool is open May to September)
- Jacket (weather appropriate)
- Comfortable casual clothing (laundry facilities available)
- Water bottle
- Small day pack
- 5 days worth of prescription medications (in original bottles) – please contact Orchard admissions for specifics (all subsequent medication will be ordered and blister packed by the facility)
- Debit and/or credit card
- Long distance calling card (if calling OUTSIDE of North America)
- For smokers – cigarettes for at least your first week
- For vapourizer users – inserts MUST be in unopened packages. Opened inserts or vapourizer contents will be disposed of and NOT returned to clients
- A printed copy of all relevant telephone numbers
- Personal health care number (Canadian residents)
Please do not bring
- Shampoo or hair products with alcohol
- T-shirts with offensive slogans or that promote alcohol/drugs/violence
- Revealing clothing (short shorts, shirts that expose stomach, etc)
- Two-piece bathing suits
- Cell phones
- Smart watches
- Laptop computers
- Portable music players (iPods, etc.)
- Any personal electronics
- Mouthwash or other items containing alcohol (i.e. perfume and hand sanitizer)
- Protein powder or Creatine supplements
- Chewing tobacco
- Vitamins (Orchard provides doctor approved vitamins during your stay)
You MUST arrange for a ride or have someone bring you to treatment.
Clients are NOT allowed to drive themselves
Please note that Orchard Recovery Center reserves the right to hold any items deemed not appropriate for recovery until you leave treatment. If you are unsure about bringing anything to treatment please contact us before you arrive.
Clients will need funds for extra services such as massage, chiropractor, esthetician services and sundry items. There are two ATM machines on Bowen Island and a credit card authorization may be kept on file.
Only recovery-related or spiritual reading material is allowed at the Orchard. There is a small library of such books that can be signed out or purchased while in treatment.
Machines are available for clients to wash and dry their personal items. Coins for the laundry can be purchased at the residence office.