Orchard Family Weekend Program
All Family Weekend Programming costs are included in the cost of the Primary Care Program.
Addiction is a disease that affects the whole family. The Orchard Recovery Center’s clients are encouraged to invite loved ones to participate in our family weekend programming every Saturday at 10 AM. Family programming is offered online using the Zoom communications platform, so family members may participate from wherever they are located.
Once every six weeks the Orchard hosts an extended family program that includes a Friday seminar on rebuilding trust and our regular Saturday family program. The extended family long weekend invites loved ones to participate int the family programming to focus on a more in-depth look at addiction and family dynamics.
In these sessions loved ones will:
- Learn to understand addiction.
- Recognize how it affects their lives, relationships and family dynamics.
- Learn tools to begin their own healing as they prepare for life with their loved ones after they return from treatment.
- Partake in process groups with their loved ones*.
Recommended reading for families:
- Loving an Addict, Loving Yourself: The Top 10 Survival Tips for loving someone with an addiction – Candace Plattor (2009)
- A Merry Go Round Called Denial – Al-Anon (1968)
- Hope for Today – Al-Anon (2009)
- Courage to Change: One Day at a Time in Al-Anon – Al-Anon (1992)
- Co-Dependant No More – Melanie Beattie (1986)
- Loving Someone in Recovery: The Answers you need when your partner is Recovery from Addiction – Beverly Berg (2014)
- Addict In The Family: Stories of Loss, Hope, and Recovery – Beverly Conyers (2003)
*Clients without family in attendance have a separate meeting after lunch.
With our award-winning clinical team and evidence-based programs, primary care at the Orchard provides the foundation for personal success.
Upon intake our board-certified Addiction Medicine specialists design a personalized detox protocol in keeping with your history. The withdrawal process typically takes three to seven days and is monitored by our nurses, support team and doctors.