Orchard Family Weekend Program
All Family Weekend Programming costs are included in the cost of the Primary Care Program.
Addiction is a disease that affects the whole family. The Orchard Recovery Center’s clients are encouraged to invite loved ones to our family weekend programming every Saturday at 10AM. All sessions include an interactive educational seminar, lunch and small process group with your loved one.
Once every six weeks the Orchard hosts an extended family program that includes a Friday seminar on rebuilding trust and guest speakers from 12 step support groups and a regular Saturday family program. The extended family long weekend invites loved ones to the Orchard on Friday and Saturday to focus on a more in-depth look at addiction and family dynamics.
View Visitor Information for more information about visiting your loved one while in treatment.
In these sessions loved ones will:
Learn to understand addiction.
Recognize how it affects their lives, relationships and family dynamics.
Learn tools to begin their own healing as they prepare for life with their loved ones after they return from treatment.
Partake in process groups with their loved ones*.
As part of our continuing care program, the Orchard provides a family process group on Wednesday Nights.
Recommended reading for families
- Loving an Addict, Loving Yourself: The Top 10 Survival Tips for loving someone with an addiction – Candace Plattor (2009)
- A Merry Go Round Called Denial – Al-Anon (1968)
- Hope for Today – Al-Anon (2009)
- Courage to Change: One Day at a Time in Al-Anon – Al-Anon (1992)
- Co-Dependant No More – Melanie Beattie (1986)
- Loving Someone in Recovery: The Answers you need when your partner is Recovery from Addiction – Beverly Berg (2014)
- Addict In The Family: Stories of Loss, Hope, and Recovery – Beverly Conyers (2003)
*Clients without family in attendance have a separate meeting after lunch.